A Camping Trip with Denver Interact Club
This past June, the Choose Outdoors team partnered with the Denver Mile High Rotary to take 8 students on a trip to Estes Park, CO for a weekend full of camping, hiking, kayaking, and exploring.The weekend started on Saturday morning when the students piled up their things and made their way up to the Estes Park KOA.
The first day included a trip up to the top of Rocky Mountain National Park’s Trail Ridge Road, which reaches a grand total of 12,183 feet high. The road, still covered in snow, brought gusts of wind that differed dramatically from the 80-degree weather down in town.
Next up, the group made their way down to the Cascade Falls Trail Head. The hike was roughly 2 miles, and included a spectacular view of the Rockies from the waterfall. The peaceful rocks perched on top of the waterfall made a perfect place to sit and enjoy a snack and soak up the view!
Afterward, the group made their way back to town to hang out at the KOA, and ended the night with a bonfire. The next morning, the group set out to the Estes Park Marina to end the trip canoeing on Lake Estes.
Even though some of these students have grown up Denver, few of the Interact students have ever had a chance to enjoy the mountains that surrounded them. Choose Outdoors and the Denver Mile High Rotary was honored to help support new experiences in the outdoors. Learn more about our summer camping trip in the video below:
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- Our Future Forests: Four Ways the Outdoor Recreation Community Can Help
- A Camping Trip with Denver Interact Club
- Remembering Jeff Lowe
- Choose Outdoors signs support letter for Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program extension
- Senators intro bill to double forest restoration funding
- Rocky Mountain PBS to air Colorado and Oregon episodes
- Rolling Stones Chuck Leavell, Governor Hickenlooper, U.S. Forest Service Chief Tony Tooke Join Local Thought Leaders to Deliberate our National Forests
- Oregon to Provide the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree in 2018
- Colorado Premier of America’s Forests with Chuck Leavell to air Jan. 25 on Rocky Mountain PBS
- The Climb